Noragami 40: Yato’s ponytail sexness
I might as well say it: gruvia?
• when or if I started shipping it: I actually hated this pairing (lol wut) in the beginning. I hated Juvia in general. I found her obsession creepy and I loved Gray. It wasn’t until I caught up with Fairy Tail (I caught up around mid-Grand Magic Games) that I realized Gruvia is the end game pairing for my favorite character (seriously its a foregone conclusion), and I was pretty indifferent about it. There was a lot of Gruvia and other shippings during the Tenrou Island arc as well; this is the arc I feel lays out the pairings in this series. Then we got slammed with even more Gruvia during the end of the Grand Magic Games, I ended up really enjoying their dynamic, wrote the Gruvia manifesto, became involved with the LOVELY AND AMAZING Gruvia fandom andddd the rest is history. :)
• my thoughts: Well what can I say? I personally think Gray and Juvia have the most interesting dynamic out of all the possible pairings and that’s why Gruvia is my OTP. One minute Gray understands Juvia, the next she throws him off again. Juvia is a comedic character; Mashima purposely made her this way to take away the intense fight after fight feeling. But despite that, she genuinely loves Gray with all of her heart. We see this throughout the entire Juvia vs. Meredy fight (Erza AND Meredy saying that Juvia’s true power steams from her feelings for the one she loves), as well as the recent Gruvia special chapter (413 Days). Juvia ends up in tears because she felt she ruined Gray’s day. All she could think about is how much the day means to him; that shows how much Gray’s feelings mean to Juvia. There are signs of reciprocation on Gray’s part, it’s just not completely there yet. I said it before and I’ll say it again: this pairing has it ALL.
Physical And Emotional
• What makes me happy about them: Juvia has this effect on Gray that no one else does.
Do tell me, who else can make Gray smile/act like this?
Slowly but surely, Juvia is melting the ice around Gray’s heart, just like Gray took Juvia’s rain away. She needs him and we are beginning to see that he really does need her as well. Juvia is the catalyst used in most of the deep events centered around Gray (saving her from Ultear, his “death”, post-Grand Magic Games, and now in the upcoming confrontation with Silver). I love Gruvia because they balance each other. They work great together. I look forward to seeing what’s in store for them.
• What makes me sad about them: Gray can be very contradictory towards Juvia (in other words lol tsundere). So much that Cana had to even POINT OUT his actions were contradicting his rejection. He needs to overcome this part of himself. Juvia can also be over the top (fangirling). Sometimes it IS a bit much. ^^;
• things done in art/fic that annoys me: "Gray is dating Lucy, Juvia is jealous and wants to kill her", "Gray rejects Juvia harshly and now Juvia hates him and is with Lyon". I can’t. Just. no.
I’m also not a fan of AUs.
• things I look for in art/fic: Well written and realistic stories.
• Who I’d be comfortable them ending up with, if not each other: Eh… Juvia will never stop loving Gray/won’t give up on him. I would have said Lyon because he would probably treat her well, but he also backed off knowing his love will forever be unrequited. Besides, I would not want Juvia with someone she doesn’t really love. And as for Gray… no. He has no romantic development with any other girl aside from Juvia. So in sum, it’s Gruvia or nada. ;)
• My happily ever after for them: Gray and Juvia with a child <3 (preferably a boy). Juvia wants kids (blushing at the mention of them during Tenrou Island), and Gray wants to train an apprentice. Perfect. :3
• what is their favorite non-sexual activity? Going on missions, and just spending time together in and outside the guild casually. We’ve seen this in the Sabertooth chapter and when they ate caramade franks together. ^^
And I cant believe my OTP in fairy tail (gruvia) is paired in Clannad
Gruvia week : Day 3- Change
Boy, we go on that way!
Gandhi didn’t say this. Martin Luther King Jr didn’t say this. Jesus Christ didn’t say this. MEWTWO SAID THIS
"Juvia has truly come to love Fairy Tail …it seem so friendly … so fun…so warm."